Saturday, March 18, 2006

What is Philosophy - What is a Philosopher?

Welcome to "Philosophers' Corner". Philosophy - or what I understood to be philosophy - was my "first love", discovered at the age of 16, in early 1964, when I was in the midst of a depression which was to last for the next 23 years. Philosophy was the reason I enrolled at the University of Sydney the following year (1965), although my father, who was financing the operation by supporting me, thought I was embarking on a career in law! I will write more, both about my personal journey and about what I understand to be the answer to the questions in the title of this post, later. I only wanted to introduce myself and my new blog. I also intend to write short biographies of philosophers whom, for various reasons, I feel a need to introduce and to write about. I also invite contributions from anyone moved to do so. I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home